The first beer festivals are reemerging again, but in Brussels not really yet. Luckily, like last year, when beer festivals weren’t at all allowed, Belgium Beer Week comes to the rescue, proposing dozens of beer-related activities from 23 till 29 August 2021. Last year, its scope was limited to Brussels and Antwerp, but this second edition also includes activities in Leuven, Bruges, Ghent, Mechelen, Liège, and Namur.
The Belgium Beer Week is an excellent opportunity for beer focussed businesses to showcase what they actually do the whole year round, like guides giving tours (Agamalt, BeerSecret), beer bars playing music (Family Brews) or arcade games (BrewDog Brussels), and bars and restaurants pairing food with beer (Otomat and La Source).
The list of activities gets quite long that way, and I suggest you just check out the Agenda on BBW’s website, or our own Facebook events list to find all of those. However, there are a couple of one-off activities that do deserve to be highlighted here.
- Let’s Get Funky, at Brussels Beer Project
- Tuesday 24 till Saturday 28 September
- 8 different BBP mixed-fermentation beers on tap
- Atelier didactique : Les 5 sens et la bière, at Dekkera
- Tuesday 24 September, 18:30
- Beer tasting techniques class (in French only!)
- Beer and cheese: a matching tasting, at Brasserie de la Senne
- Wednesday 25 September, 18:00
- Beers from De la Senne with cheeses selected by Catherine fromagerie
- À Roulettes Tap Takeover, at BrewDog Brussels
- Wednesday 25 September, from 18:00
- Beers by Brasserie à Roulettes
- Free beer if you dress up as one of the label characters!
- Live Canning Session, at La Source
- Friday 27 September, 16:00
- See how it’s canned, drink & take away ultra fresh beer!
- Sour Party, at L’Ermitage
- Friday 27 September, from 16:00
- An evening of L’Ermitage’s sour beers, some already familiar, some just released, and a DJ
- Beer and chocolate tasting in harmony, at Brasserie de la Senne
- Friday 27 September, 18:00
- Beers from De la Senne with chocolate produced by Laurent Gerbaud and Frédéric Blondeel
- La Sambre X Malt Attacks “False Negative” Release, at Malt Attacks
- Saturday 28 September, 12:00 – 18:00
- Release of a La Sambre‘s and Malt Attacks’ collab, a 13% imperial stout
- L’archéologie de la bière, at La Tana
- Sunday 29 September, 14:00
- A history lesson about beer (in French only!)
- Ermitage & Dessert: a sweet ending, at L’Ermitage Saint-Gilles
- Sunday 29 September, 21:00
- Pairing desserts and L’Ermitage beers (in French only!)