Let’s kick off Spring very soon with one of the hottest trends of the moment: (faux) leather coats. We’ve seen them on literally every catwalk for SS and AW20, so it’s safe to say this coat is a must-have for the next seasons to come.
That’s right, you can rock the faux leather coat in Spring with light denim and a tee, but can easily start layering it for Autumn too! This trend is definitely a safe investment for multiple seasons and hopefully even years, depending on what model and colour you pick.
The classic black coat is always a good idea, but how about a nude faux croco trench? Or a shiny cognac vinyl jacket? Interesting! The best ones are of course the ones you’ll bump into while thrifting (highly recommended!), but if you’re not great at vintage shopping, I’ve listed some of my favourites coats in the stores now. Most of these are faux leather as they are the best animal-friendly option, but I’ve added a few in real leather too — just so you have the choice to make for yourself.
Scroll down to discover & shop my selection!
As said before: you can’t go wrong with classic black! A long trench looks super classy but might feel like you’ve just entered The Matrix. Go for a short puffer or bomber jacket if you want to keep things fun and playful.
- Zara faux leather belted jacket
- Each x Other faux leather belted coat
- Mango leather cropped bomber jacket
- Abercrombie & Fitch faux leather puffer jacket
- Weekday faux leather anorak jacket
- Stradivarius faux leather trench coat
Ah, cognac! Yes please! This showstopper is an instant winner with every neutral in your closet, but can look pretty cool mixed with pastels too, for example. I guess I don’t have to mention this would look awesome in Autumn too?
- Each x Other faux leather belted trench coat
- Topshop faux leather croco trench coat
- Tibi crinkled vinyl trench coat
- Topshop vinyl & shearling trench coat
Any daredevils in the house? We’ve spotted plenty of coloured leather coats on the streets during Fashion Week! I’m especially loving any pastel fabric that’s buttery or patent shiny, and these coats are the perfect example of that.
- Missguided soft pink faux leather coat
- ASOS lilac faux leather belted jacket
- Topshop blue faux croco vinyl trench coat
- Alexa Chung baby blue vinyl raincoat
- Julia June green leather belted kimono jacket
- Bershka mustard faux leather jacket
This might be my number one favourite, and an investment I’m willing to make personally! A white faux leather or patent coat just looks SO chic and crispy! I could wear these through all seasons to brighten up any boring day really.
- Michael Lo Sordo chrinkled faux patent-leather trench coat
- River Island white faux leather studded trench coat
- Topshop ecru faux leather croco trench coat
- Weekday white vinyl cropped jacket
- Zara leather cropped bomber jacket
Streetstyle via TheStreetPie